Teeth weakened by trauma, tooth decay, or severe discoloration may benefit from the added protection and strength of a dental restoration such as a dental crown.
Dental crowns, sometimes referred to as dental caps, may be used in conjunction with dental implants, root canal treatment, and dental bridges. These tooth crowns restore and strengthen the entire tooth by completely encircling all surfaces of the tooth above the gum line.
Dental crowns require very little alterations to the natural tooth.
Our dental crown procedure may be used to:
- Protect a weakened tooth after root canal treatment
- Replace a missing tooth with a dental implant
- Repair a tooth that is chipped, cracked, or broken
- Improve the appearance of a discolored or misshapen tooth
- Secure a dental bridge
- Restore a worn down tooth
A dental bridge may be used to replace one or several missing teeth by securing artificial teeth to dental implants or adjacent teeth. To accommodate the needs and preferences of each individual patient, Norton Dental Ancaster offers several types of dental bridges.
- Dental bridge procedure may be used to:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Restore your ability to speak and eat properly
- Maintain support for facial features
- Prevent the shifting of remaining teeth.
- Correct the distribution of force in your bite
Dr. Taimish believes in preserving as much natural tooth structure as possible to provide our patients with the quality restorative dentistry they deserve. By using conservative techniques along with natural looking aesthetics, our patients receive incredible dental results exclusive to our practice. To help optimize patient comfort, Dr. Taimish double checks and adjusts all dental restorations before applying them to teeth.
Inconsistent and improper oral hygiene can lead to dental crown problems and dental bridge problems. Dr. Taimish may also fix loose dental crowns and loose dental bridges at Norton Dental Ancaster.
Dental bridge cost along with dental crown cost depends on the materials used, the number of teeth being treated, in addition to any procedures that may be necessary ensure the successful placement of either dental restoration. To set up your consultation with Dr. Taimish for dental crown or dental bridge restorative dentistry call (905) 648-6116.